Announcing the 1st Annual BOCCE FALL FESTIVAL!
|WHEN:||SATURDAY, OCTOBER 12, beginning at 11:30 am|
|WHERE:||HHP BOCCE COURTS|
|WHO:||ANY HHP RESIDENT - INVITE YOUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS|
|COST:||$5 per person|
|BRING YOUR OWN:||BEVERAGES, CHAIRS, SUNSCREEN, AND UMBRELLA|
The FORMAT for the Bocce Fall Festival is PUTT-PUTT BOCCE
The match begins as a normal Bocce match would; flip a coin, pick a ball color, throw the pallino down the court.
Now comes the putt-putt part. Instead of rolling bocce balls to get closest to the pallino, you’ll pick up a putter and putt a golf ball to the pallino. Each team gets two balls. Closest to the pallino gets the points. First team to 5 wins.
The RULES are simple:
- If the pallino hits the endboard on the throw, the opponent gets to throw the pallino.
- The golf ball must be behind the ‘foot fault’ line but your feet can straddle it.
- Putters are never to come in contact with the pallino.
- Banking the golf ball off the endboard is allowed.
- This is a single elimination tournament.
- You will be assigned an alphabetic letter upon checkin.
- Someone else will also be randomly assigned that same alphabetic letter to form a team.
- Alphabetic letters will be called as your game is to be played.
- A winning team will be crowned at the end of the tournament.
- Enjoy cheering on the others as you wait for your turn.
- Brats and Sausage provided by the HHP Bocce League
- This is all about fun, playing bocce (kinda), and enjoying some Brats and Sausage.
- Putters will be provided but feel free to bring your own.
Mike & Kathy Harris